Sunday, August 8, 2010

Finally, may I present, the Lake-Beach

 
Did you know that Maryland has no natural lakes?  That is so totally alien after living in Michigan for so long that I could hardly believe it the first time I heard it.  I guess someone was missing lake swimming because they dammed up a waterfall/stream in the lower mountains about an hour away and trucked in a bunch of sand to make a nice beach.  It's very pleasant: the mosquitoes are surprisingly few, the water temperature comfortable, and the amenities plentious.  We like to go with our friends, take a picnic & stay the whole day. 


The kids generally spend their time making elaborate sand sculptures & pieces of real estate, sometimes hunting up some bugs to inhabit their temporary structures.


Though they do spend time in the water, usually playing chase or Marco Polo.


This was Wudgie's first trip, and as you can see, he highly approved of the picnic.  (Particularly the cucumber.)


Of course, cucumber wasn't the only thing he ate.


 People must think we never feed this kid the way he pops everything in his mouth and goes back for 2nds...


It was a successful day-trip, especially since both Wudge & I got naps (we put up a little tent), and Wudge got to ride facing forward for the first time.  (Booyah, DVD player baby!)

1 comments:

JandS Morgan said...

I love the picture digging out Wudges mouth. It's not his fault the world tastes so good.