From guest blogger, Derek. Posted in honor of our 13th anniversary.
13. The book checkout limit at the local library. And soon, the maximum books that can be listed on GoodReads.
12. How to identify one of the 30 different cries a baby can make (OK, I admit it, I can’t identify them, but at least I have a baby whisperer nearby who can)
11. A whole new vocabulary: fuchsia, cropping, acid-free, bff, fetid, and an unmentioned word that rhymes with beef.
10. Thrift stores are the only fun place to shop – at least on Mondays and holidays.
9. Everything is better with cheese (especially provolone), except maybe chocolate croissants.
8. Be prepared. (Yes, I should have learned that as a scout, but at least I learned the next-best thing – marry someone who is).
7. Fight for the things worth fighting for - like time with your family, respect for women and children, and the proper pronunciation of “Melk”.
6. A greater appreciation for quirky T-Shirts. To think I used to collect t-shirts from tennis tournaments, when all these years I could have been getting ones that made people blush or sick with laughter.
5. Trust your feelings and the Spirit, even when they may be telling you what you don’t want to hear.
4. It’s an inalienable Right of all babies to have a good nickname. Preferably one that evokes that uncomfortable, “did I really hear that right?” feeling from people who hear it for the first time (i.e., The Bub, domba, shrimp, woochie, wudgie, and all their many derivations)
3. Laughter is divine, especially when directed at oneself.
2. Potty humor is passed through the mother. (no pun intended)
1. What it means to love and be loved.
Monday, August 9, 2010
13 Things I’ve learned from Maren since we were married
Posted by Maren Hansen at 10:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Dang Maren...now I want to be married to you! I LOVED that post!
Hey, so a little copy write issue here! You call # 5 wudgie? I'd just like to point out that Annie came up with that name in place for wedgie! You are calling #5 a wedgie! How horrible!
I think Grandma would take exception to #2.
LOVE IT!!!!!! Derek, you get your wit from your little sister. Maren, you are extremely fabulous. Love you guys!!
Post a Comment