Monday, May 25, 2009

My Worth in Rubles

I'm on this great general interest list-serv for my county where people can ask any kind of question in a nice community setting. Okay, so there have been some flame wars, but they have been mostly amusing (at least for those of us sitting back watching the burn). Today, someone emailed in saying that her husband didn't consider staying home with the kids an actual job, so could everyone please email her some estimates on how much she would spend on housekeeping and daycare. Personally, I think if you husband already values you so little to not want you to make the right choice for your own career, no numbers are going to help. However, someone in reply sent this nifty link (click on picture):

According to these precise statistical valuations, I am worth 6 figures. Yes folks, I make more than my husband does at his day job. At least I would if I could get some of that stimulus money sent my way. I can see the grant application now: current Home Engineer is in need of funding in order to maintain the current levels of order, education, and cleanliness of present situation.
Needless to say, I didn't bother clicking on the "What about Dad?" link. I don't need to see how much he's worth at home on top of the bacon he brings home every month... :) Let's just end with this thought, courtesy of Mastercard:

Almost new Nike tennis shoes from thrift store on half-price day: $2
Registration for race that completes the marathon they ran over the past month: $48
How proud mom is to see her girls making goals and working hard to achieve them (after endless nagging): priceless

1 comments:

amydear said...

Great to read about Adia's running. You guys are awesome to do the cross country kids thing. We live in a huge running community. I need to get my kids going too!