Like my patriotic pinky? Had a little accident at the store when the clerk dropped a huge bag of ice on my poor little finger. Can you see the red, white & blue? I think it's broken, but it doesn't hurt as much as it should because of the nerve damage. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing... :)In other news, my dear little Shrimp, who so recently turned 5, has brought home a new friend: 5th Disease. Anyone that knows anything about this one knows that it's a common childhood illness which rarely causes complications. Oh, except to unborn feti. Yikes. Guess I'll be going to the vampires on Tues to have my blood checked for antibodies.
But all is not doom & gloom: I seem to be (slowly, but surely) recovering from the killer sinus infection from hell w/the help of a z-pack and some Zyrtec. Last night we saw the Star Trek prequel, and it was excellent. My only annoyances, if you can call them that, are the whole Spock/Uhura thing (where did that come from?), the stilted way that old Spock delivered his token lines (they just didn't seem to fit), and the obvious bid for future Star Trek's in this "alternate reality". Still, it was quite good. AND, most the best news of all, the outdoor pools open tomorrow!!!!!!!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Red, White & Blue
Posted by Maren Hansen at 10:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
My sister's blog entry from two days ago (I thought you might appreciate it:)
Here's the link--http://myveryownlifetimemovie.blogspot.com/
Or, I pasted it here:
Who's Bright Idea Was This?
Seriously, I have a lot of bones to pick with Heavenly Father when I finally get the chance to meet Him and my latest is this...who decided that it would be a great idea to create a viral infection that is only contagious when there are no signs of having the illness and once a huge rash shows up from head to toe you are no longer a medical threat. Really?
And what kind of name is Fifth Disease anyway. It should be called fugly little rash.
How did you feel about Winona Ryder being cast as Spock's mom?
Sarah--fabulous! Not that her daughter has it. But seriously, and one more thing: and a disease that is mostly only dangerous to pregnant women?? What the H??
Jacob:I can;t believe I forgot to mention that part. It was the first thing I said as we got up to leave. Winona RYder? Seriously? Talk about the word fugly!!!!
First of all. Winona was an excellent mother.
Second of all.
Spock and Uhura? WTF? Who's bright idea was that?
Post a Comment