Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween...Lot's of Fun on Halloween!

A few years ago, Gma B taught us a Halloween song that I've never heard before or since until tonight when I finally found the words and midi on a site: Here it is for your enjoyment...
Halloween Song


We had a fun, candy-filled, TIRING Halloween. The girls' school had a costume parade with all the kids around the block, then parties in their classrooms. I was in charge of Domba's party and it was tons of fun! The kids in her class are all so sweet--if I had to ever teach school, I would want to do kindergarten because they are still sweet (even if they can be trouble sometimes).




After school, we went home and ate and decompressed before venturing out for a night of trick-or-treating. It was so weird because no one was out even at 6pm! I guess they must start at dark here (I seem to remember that being an east coast thing), but since we haven't had the time change yet, that meant it wasn't dark till 7ish. So we got the goods. Bub had a Halloween party before, then we all met up and did some trick-or-treating until Mini-Me and I peeled off for her bedtime. We were all sugared out eventually and the kids did get to bed, and WHEW! I crashed like a felled tree. I slept 10 hours last night, took a 3 hour nap, and it's still way too late to be blogging... So without further ado, toodles.
maren





PS In case you can't tell, we are all characters from a fairy tale: M (Fairy Godmother), D (Handsome/Hansen Prince), Bub (Wizard), Domba (Enchanted Pumpkin), Shrimp (Princess: Genevieve), and Mini-Me (Princess).

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks like a busy, but extremely fun day! Everyone looked happy and well fed :) I've enjoyed the candy myself...

see you soon!

amydear said...

Fun! I love the family theme. We were going to be superheroes, but my 6 year-old girl would not play along. Maybe next year!

Unknown said...

Poor Prince Derek, they finally talked you into "tights"!!! Ok, leggings, but still hilarious!
We miss you guys, the kids loved seeing you, Annie thinks mini me looks SO big!

jules said...

I know what you mean about tiring. Only for me, tiring just means a walk around the block that includes a hill. haha

I LOVE the pictures of your girls. Their costumes are awesome. I especially love the picture of Domba and Genevieve.