I've gotten a lot of flack for my recent post on the Phillip Pullman trilogy. Here are a couple thoughts:
1. I have read most of the trilogy and independently came up with opinions matching much of the recent uproar regarding the coming movie, etc.
2. I firmly believe that different people find Truth in different things, that one movie may be uplifting for you and depressing to me, and vice versa.
3. Just because I have a strong opinion on something doesn't mean that I don't want to hear your opinions, strong or not. I love people of passion and I love to be broadened by new thoughts!
4. It's my blog, and that means I get to say whatever the hell I want. Oops, I mean heck.
Polliwog, this is NOT a response to your comment or blog. :) Just wanted to make sure you knew that it was from another front and don't feel attacked!!! :)
maren
Friday, November 2, 2007
Ah, the sweet smell of opinions...
Posted by Maren Hansen at 10:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for the shout-out. :) No, honestly, I am sure as I go back and read these now it will be a whole different ball 'o wax, but I just really, really missed all the symbolism (I guess) and loved the books. I remember being kind of confused at the end of the last one and just kind of deciding what I wanted it all to mean. lol Anyway, I hope my opinions weren't too forceful. I got the picture from your blog that you'd formed your opinion prior to the email campaign, so my rantings weren't directed toward you either. (Can I just say I miss the days when we could sit at book club and have a conversation?)
I was thinking the exact same thing when I was writing this. I miss book club! It was so much fun to hear everyone else's ideas. Really eye opening... You're opinions were NOT too forceful, and frankly, I was glad to hear them in such a direct manner. Go Polliwog!
Post a Comment