Sunday, January 6, 2013

I'm still thinking Christmas...

 To assuage my sadness at Christmas being over, here are some of our favorite lights.  Most of the pictures are awful since they are taken at night...  This first one was just off 114th So--we saw it on the way home from my parents' house.


 This beauty was in their neighborhood.  I want one!!  It's my favorite thing I've seen yet (next to the farting Santa, below, and the palm trees).  Click on it if you can't tell what's in the top of the tree.


 This one is simply amazing.  And the best part was the last time we went to look at it, a couple days after Christmas, someone had turned the sheep upside down or buried their heads in the snow.  It was a very funny practical joke...
 This tree is part of the nativity above, but deserves it's own picture.  It's three stories tall and someone they wound lights and ornaments all over it!  If you look right at the edge of the picture, you'll also see the built in slide they have--it just follows the hill down.  Looked pretty wicked with all the ice at the bottom...


 I christened this one the Griswold's house.  You have to click on it to see why.  We couldn't figure out how they got their cars in and out without snagging their side mirrors...


 Ah, the beloved farting Santa.  Sorry it's blurry.  Before the green cloud behind him comes on, his finger blinks off and on.  Like someone pulled it?  The world may never know.  I'm not surprised someone bought this--I'm just surprised someone actually created and sold it...


 This one is just down the hill from us, across the street (to the East) of Will's Pit stop.  Can't go wrong with palms.


This one is actually down the street from Santa and his green cloud.  This picture in no way does it justice.  Most of the pieces seem to move, and the poinsettas change color, and the musicians have little notes comeing out of their instruments.  It's amazing.  This house (on Riverwood Dr I think, just west of Will's Pit Stop, and right before going up the hill to Costco) was the best, but there were other amazing ones in this neighborhood.


Our own neighborhood was nothing to sneeze at--you could see this green tree from a mile or more away.  Our own house wasn't too shabby, either.  (Forgot to take pics again!)  I heart Christmas lights. 

0 comments: