Monday, December 24, 2012

So This Is Christmas...

After a long break to almost totally rebuild my dinosaur of a computer, I'm back and have tons of pics to share.  We started the Christmas season off right with the Riverwood lighting the weekend before Thanksgiving.  We saw a very nice Santa, ice sculptures, and the zillions of lights they string all around.  Because Thanksgiving was as early as it could be this year (the 22nd!), that meant we started the Christmas season off early.  Fine by me--it meant I could put my outside lights up while the weather was still pleasant, and listen to Christmas carols longer...


 I also finished 7 stockings for new members of my family, mostly of the little type.  (The family members, not the stockings!)  As much as I hate sewing, I sure love crafting.  And when the two intersect, I'm generally forced to compromise...
 

 Happy day!  My sister and her family came into town and we had fun dressing my brother-in-law up in my grandpa's old clothes.  Uncanny how well even things like a suit fit him!


 We also hiked the "Y", strolled around BYU, and played much ping pong (in Derek & Jacob's case I should say).

 BOO!  You are welcome to get counseling after viewing this picture.  Found this nasty old mask in my parent's Halloween boxes.  It was scary 20 years ago, and still is today.  Mini-me started crying the first time she saw it...


 Also got my parents' old Christmas star.  It really brings back memories when I see it blinking on my tree.  I just can't believe it still works!


 Sorry, ladies, he's spoken for.  But you are welcome to drool at his blue eyes.  He will probably drool along with you...



It was so good to be with all of my family for the first time in a long time (not counting the wedding in April that we were all crazy busy during).  Isn't my sister a great photographer?  She must be since even the Wudge is smiling...


 I couldn't resist this adorable picture of my dad.  It's especially treasured because it's one of a handful where he's not pulling a face.  And he was mad at me that year we went to Disneyworld and I pulled a face in every single picture...  (And no digital cameras back then in the stone age.)


 Ah, the spitting cat.  We love this Fitz & Floyd cat pitcher.  It looks like it's vomiting when you pour from it.  It's especially dramatic when you are pouring something red...


 My new niece gumming some ham to death.  Isn't she the cutest thing ever???


Proof that we do do things all together as a family!  Even with all these grandkids milling about.  And we didn't lose any, though we certainly tried.



I love looking at Christmas lights.  I love all the new bright colors and patterns that people have been putting up over the last decade.  I remember being so thrilled when "chaser lights" came out during my high school years.  Now we have all these fancy-schmancy LED lights, and icicle lights, and farting Santas...wha?  Yes, that is really a farting Santa.  I'm not surprised someone bought it.  I just can't get over the fact that someone made and sold it...

 
Found this treasure after Christmas last year and had to add to my village.  All the years my poor little village folk have been with out Krispy Kremes!



 Have I ever mentioned how extremely wonderful Adia's harp teacher is?  She's gold, I tell you, pure gold.  We got to see her in action and she is also extremely talented.  Adia has learned SO much in the 9 months that they've been working together.  It's wonderful to hear how much she's learned, and most importantly, that she actually plays the harp out of enjoyment now.  That's the point I hope all my kids get with music in some way or another.
 

 My little mini-me took a gymnastics class with her cousin.  She dragged her feet and whined about going every single time, and then left the class grinning every single time.  She's such a homebody--we have to pry her out of the house and remind her that likes to do other things in life.



Our first real snowfall in November.  The tree looked so pretty.  It's a funny little tree, but the blossoms it produces in the spring are amazing enough to keep it around.



And an amazing sunset after a snowstorm.  Just ignore my Topsy Turvy planter that I'm too lazy to take down for the winter...



The snow is pretty, but I sincerely miss firepit days.  I guess I'll just have to look forward to spring, like I do every dark winter...



And this is how we'll ward off that dark winter chill.  Next to each other, but isolated by our electronic devices.  Or not since I've laid down new rules for our addicts.  At least they look cute all cuddled together...

1 comments:

JandS Morgan said...

Maybe the villagers will approve a raise for you since you gave them Krispy Kreme. I would.