Sunday, March 4, 2012

All hail Great Wolf Lodge!

 Overpriced, uncomfortable, and totally fabulous are the things I think of if you mention Great Wolf Lodge.  We've been to one on either coast and loved/hated every minute.  Despite getting no sleep, having no privacy, and losing MagiQuest wands.  As my sister said, one day we'll be able to ride all the slides and sit down with a book at will...but until then, we get to follow the little ones around and occasionally catch glimpses of the older ones between slide runs.

I've never loved the wave pool (likely because I nearly drowned in one), but it's a popular favorite amongst both the older and younger sets.  I'm just glad Mini-Me & the Wudge were willing to wear life-vests.  Made me feel a little better about them skirting the deep (3 feet) pools of surrounding water.


At first, the Wudge was extremely anxious about getting in any of the water, despite repeated attempts from sisters and cousins to coax him in.  What won him over was the "hot bath", aka, hot tub.  Boy after my own heart...


As my bro-in-law said, the kids seem to discover the most fun thing at the end of the trip.  So it was with the lily pad crossing.  The kids all tried to cross without holding onto the ropes with varying degrees of success.  It was mucho amusing to watch those that failed.  :)


I can hear in my mind the clang of the bell as the huge bucket slowly fills with water and prepares to dump gallons on the waiting kids below.  I don't know why, but this is one of my favorite parts of GWL.


Cousin love: everyone had such a great time, and I'm glad they all got along.  It was so cute to see them cruising down the slides together and helping out with the little ones.  I've got some great nieces/nephews on both sides of the family.


And one of the favorite attractions for the younger two was the enormous ramp leading down from the entrance to the water park.


One of my favorite sights was Mini-me zooming through the water in her life-vest.  She's finally becoming a swimmer!!  Now to convince the little man...

2 comments:

Christina said...

Nothing like swimming when it's cold outside! Looks like fun.

Annie said...

On the list of things to do while living in the NW. Please tell me you weren't this close to me without me knowing! I'd love to see you again sweet friend.