This is Mini's new best-bud. They are the same age, and are adorable together. Whenever we go to the Shrimp's soccer games, they hook up whispering silly things in each other's ears, and playing on the iPhone. Mini seems to have about 30 little 5-year-old boyfriends. Probably because she's cute, sweet, and has such a winning smile... :)
Speaking of iPhones, now that Derek & I both have one, and he has an iPad, the kids have been having renewed interest in Apple's lovely distortion effects. Seriously, this is one of the better ones. If it didn't keep the kids so well entertained when I was trying to make dinner or do laundry, I would probably delete the effects to save my own poor brain-cells. Sorry to those of you who are going to need therapy after seeing this picture of the Wudge...
More examples of brain-melting, but at least they are getting some snuggle time in...
Speaking of snow, we shoveled everything we had into one large snowman in front of my brother's car, then put yellow caution-tape all around. He tried a full-out ram, and got his car stuck. Eventually, the snowman succumbed and he was declared dead around 7pm. I can't say I'm all that sorry that the snow has been scarce. It's not my favorite.
Our stockings and fireplace at Christmas. I'm LOVING having a bigger place to put all my nativities. I have the best collection thanks to my family who brings me them from far off parts!!
There are so many wonderful things about having a spouse work for BYU: our favorite lately has been the fun holiday parties they throw for the families! They had one at Halloween & and again at Christmas. There are fun games, crafts, snacks, and music. I just love living somewhere that is so family-friendly!!
Our other major form of entertainment centers around the fun stuff at the Lehi Trafalga. All the girls like the Frog Hopper, but Mini is a crazy-daredevil and screams with joy as they free-fall. I love seeing her little glitter shoes bouncing around as they descend...
How much fun was it to see the lights at Temple Square?? It was so different than the last time we went a decade ago. They have large nativities around the church office building, more lights than ever, and always fun concerts in the concert hall. This pic is in the tabernacle. No one was performing, so we could just look around and warm-up before seeing the rest of the sights. Can't wait to do this one again next year!
And the best part of December? Leaving for an Arizona paradise. I know it's weird, but there is something in me that just thrills at the sight of the saguaro cactus and it's cousins. The sunsets are some of the prettiest I've ever seen there.
The Wudge made a new friend in his "cousin", Jackson. He was a little nervous at first, but really warmed up to him and loved chasing him around Gramma & Grampa's house...
We had so much fun visiting w/Jackson's "mom". It's SOOOOO nice to live so much closer to most of our siblings and be able to see them so frequently. We've lived so far for more than a decade, and it's been wonderful to get reacquainted.
Grandma had a party at her house and had these small tables set around her living room. I think these three spent an entire day under one of them making crafts, and other silly things.
The majestic saguaro... :)
So one of our favorites in Phoenix is the easy hike to Hole in the Rock, up by the zoo. The kids can all do it with no problem, and the rock formations are tons of fun to climb around on. We told the kids to all do dance poses and I snapped a million pictures. Trust me, it was hard to choose just one...
I tried to hide behind Derek, but more of me is showing that I would've liked... :(
It was so great to see Gram C again. She's just as cheerful and perky as ever, despite the many uncomfortable health problems she's been battling. We love the house she lives in and had fun playing at a little park near there.
And of course, the kids love getting out her completely rockin' retro Little People collection, complete with camper and boat...
When it was finally time to say goodbye, the Wudge summoned up enough courage and love to give Jackson a hug good-bye. I love the look on Jackson's face: "wait, whaa?? don't hurt me...!"
Not long after Christmas, the three older girls went skating with my siblings. I had so much fun taking pictures, especially when they did their conga line.
Oh, and when my sister almost gave birth on the ice... :)
Looking forward to a wonderful year in Utah, exploring the mountains, visiting with family, and enabling our pyro tendencies...


2 comments:
I enjoyed the photos -- miss you guys! I'm looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!! :)
so cute--and you had to notice we had nearly identical shots of our families at the Tabernacle!--it must mean we're closer to seeing each other than ever :) Way to go on the wreaths too!!--there is something magical about owning your own door.
Post a Comment