Derek got this shot of our 4 beauties in St. George. I can totally see these girls as teenagers doing pictures like this, and it just kills me that they are all so grown-up so fast.
Ain't they purty?
We took in the Pioneer Day (24th of July) parade in downtown SLC where we have grandparents. The floats were fantastic and we enjoyed the front-row seats!
We had the kids all stand on the state in which they were born. Amazingly the Wudge stood still for like 15 whole seconds!
We went swimming at the local pool and Derek had this adorable 5-year-old sized handprint in his tan...
We have taken advantage of 3 of the free animal shows from the Monte L. Bean museum at BYU. We love this mural--it reminds us of the cool beetle mural at the National Zoo in DC.
My sister & brother-in-law made an announcement at a family dinner...
Same sister brought her two cute doggies up to play at Bridal Veil Falls with us.
The Wudge took to his favorite pastime: throwing rocks in the water. He's getting better about not aiming for people (or dogs) deliberately...
Caught in the act!!
These three hiked up the falls a bit.
Saying hi to Kelsey. (I'm sure I spelled that wrong.) After all the big dogs that would jump on my little kids on the hiking paths by our home in Maryland, it's nice to have smaller dogs to befriend. That don't yap around and tempt you to use an airsoft on them...
He was good at first until he realized he could pull their hair out...
Me and the sis! Don't be fooled, she's not that much taller than me. ;)
PS Note the AWESOME shirt my other sister talked her boyfriend into giving to me. Click on the pic so you can read it.
Poor hungry baby: he hadn't been eating well because he's been battling thrush. After a full round of gentian violet a couple weeks ago, we had our boy back. But he's slowly getting that white stuff back. I guess we're going to have to wean him off his Ee-Ees (binkies) if we ever want to get rid of this tenacious yeast!!
Checking out the Squaw Peak lookout after playing at Bridal Veil. Derek reminisced about all the times he sledded or biked down the peak, and I reminisced about all the guys I made out with. Just kidding! Actually, I thought about my dad riding his motorcycle on those tiny dirt trails and was grateful he never fell off...
This storm came in as we were on the Peak. This is the view to the north.
We watched the rain come down on Utah Lake. It was pretty spectacular.
In the midst of playing and then working on our new home, this poor boy sprang a high fever and had his first bout of stomach flu. He just wanted mommy to hold him non-stop, so I got some serious cuddle-time. Poor baby.
I am so proud of my bookworm family. Note that Domba is reading Harry Potter IV--she just finished last week!! Hurrah, hurrah!
Derek & my closest sister, her husband, and Mini all have June bdays. (Derek & my sister even share the day!) It was a good excuse to enjoy some mousse-filled cake from Costco. Now they just need to come down and visit me and see my house! (And give me advice on the roses.)

3 comments:
It'll be fun and games again someday. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.... :)
Miss you. Sorry I haven't called back. It has been crazy here, feel like I'm barely holding my head above water right now.
Welcome to UTAH! Yeah!
I bumped into Rachel Corey last week and we realized that there are TONS of us UofM-ers here. We should have a big Mich party, perhaps for a football game. I would volunteer my house (although we don't have cable or a huge big-screen tv, so maybe my house wouldn't be the best, but we do have a swingset and a big playroom to entertain kids) if you planned and invited. You have a gift in keeping everyone connected. Of course, I'm sure you have NOTHING to do right now! :)
Post a Comment