It's a rainy day today as we all lethargically drag ourselves around and try to summon the energy to do something productive. More like prison, actually. I guess I need to dress-up my giant, moving doll or something entertaining like that.
Of course, he's plenty entertaining on his own, sans pink dresses and costume jewelry...
We discovered his love of tearing up those grow-capsule shaped sponges. Ties into his love of destroying things.He's also getting nicely addicted to TV: some may say that is a bad thing. I say it's only a bad thing if you let your kid fulfill that addiction frequently. It's a GREAT thing when it comes to road trips, parental showers, and sick days (parent OR child). His current faves include: KidSongs (#1), Maisy, the Kratt Bros, and Taylor Swift videos (from YouTube). He's so culturally diverse!
His intelligence (or lack thereof) is legendary as he causes himself pain on a daily basis, and does the same action again 5 minutes later. He hasn't figured out that climbing on the bench when it's pushed under the kitchen table STILL won't get him up on the table. I rue the day when he figures out how to get up on the window seat and can fling salt at will.
He's a seriously lovingly little baby. He loves to give hugs, just learned to give kisses, and is constantly attacking us (love slaps & the like).
On a related note, he's a wrestling MANIAC! His WWE name is the Wudginater and he is a currently undefeated in the ring. He'll take down anything, alive or inanimate.
Poor little wrestler, always trapped inside because he can't walk yet. Let me know clarify: he only takes steps if he intends to body slam someone. Why walk when you can speed crawl? People that see him trying to escape me in stores, preschool, etc say he's the fastest crawler they've ever seen. One day he will
Until that day, he gets to wear his fleece body-suit to slide down the hill and ingest small prey (rocks, bugs, grubs, weeds).
About four hundred times a day, he stands at the back door and cries until you let him out and push him on the glider. I'm seriously seeing an invisible fence in his future.
I hadn't let the kids play at the mall play area for a long time for fear of H1N1 (w/a new baby and all that). We went to the mall the night of the huge blizzard (driving in the snow is SO fun!), so no one was there. I let them play, then bathed them in sanitizer...
Giving Daddy love: cheek presses instead of love slaps.
His first onion ring. He ended up eating all of the breading and none of the onion. (Still had bad breath though.)I dunno why Domba didn't want any...
His love, no, adoration of all things wheeled continues. He figured out how to pull back on his cars to wind the inner spring and let them go shooting across the kitchen floor. There's many a morning that I'm tiptoeing around Lightning McQueen and the gang.Our trip this last weekend to Great Wolf Lodge deserves it's own post, but I thought I'd post a picture of the comatose child on the drive home. He slept like 2 hours in the car, a record for him! It might have helped that it was dark as anything and raining buckets the whole time. Rain: a great white noise.
A self-taken photo w/the iPhone, but the best one I have of him in his Christmas suit (which he promptly outgrew). I'm guessing he's screaming w/joy (his normal noise)--too bad it's in the church foyer (his normal routine).
For the record, he is wearing: a long-sleeved onsie, a full body sweatshirt, sweatpants, a hoodie, two pairs of sox, shoes, a jacket, and his fleece one-piece. Because it's about 53 degrees inside. Love the constant power outages here...
On a final note, this is his last week at church before starting nursery. While I'm excited to not have to chase him down in the halls and try to do my Primary calling, I'm really sentimental about how fast he is growing up. Time just passes so quickly...

0 comments:
Post a Comment