Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Shrimpshine

She's a Shrimpshine and she has no top front teeth--what's not to like??  Shrimp keeps us happy (when she's not having a meltdown, which come and go pretty quickly).  She's got a million friends, all of them competing to have playdates and talk with her.  Don't blame them--Derek & I used to fight over her as a baby...  :)
I dug her coat out of the lost & found last week, and walked over to drop it off at her classroom.  While the Wudge garnered a fair amount of attention (that he gladly returned with waves and grins), many of the kids were following me around the room begging to come over to Shrimp's house.  I'd feel flattered if I didn't realize that it was part of the never end quest for BFF-ship w/Shrimp.  EVERYBODY in the school seems to know her and love her.  Here she is with one of her friends from kindergarten last year...
Like every other girl her age, she's obsessed with Taylor Swift and knows her songs by heart.  Fortunately, Band Hero came with three TS songs, all three of which I know by heart now from their constant usage...
She's so good to her little look-a-like, Wudgie.  She even licked the sucker he offered her in the bath, post-booger swipe...  Last night, when he was feeling rotten after getting three shots, she entertained him for a good hour in the bath.  She can be so nurturing to Mini too--I sometimes find her standing at the white board writing things and quizzing Mini on her letters.  
There's no doubt Mini-Me has learned a lot from Shrimp...
Shrimp has continued to excel in school, surpassing all of the standards for her grade and many of those above.  She finished the 1st Harry Potter and is working on the second (though that may get shelved w/the advent of warmer weather).  She's a smart cookie, but enjoys using those smarts to help the kids around her.  It's very sweet to see.
Her favorite color is still blue (looks so good with those blue, blue eyes), but she's added maroon & forest green.  :)  Now if I could just get her to do her chores w/o the drama, life would be perfect.  Or close to it...

0 comments: