Today was the Primary Program. This program is a chance for the Primary aged kids (3-11) to sing & give small talks that they've worked on throughout the year. It's every parent's favorite Sunday. This year did not disappoint. The kids were about as reverent as I've ever seen them, despite sitting on the stand away from their family for a good 45 minutes+. Bub got to do a harp solo, I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus, and did really well. All the girls had small parts they said and Bub & Domba got to sing with the other girls their age (8-11) near the end. The counselor that arranged the program (because no, the church does not just give you a glossy handout that tells you exactly what to do for the Program) did an exquisite job, and the Spirit was evident in everyone's tears during the closing prayer. One of the girls who was most recently baptized gave the closing prayer a couple of hours later in Primary and said, "Thank you, Jesus, that our Primary Program went so well and everyone loved it as much as I did. Thank you for the Spirit. I love you Jesus, and thank you for the church. Amen." Again, everyone was teary-eyed. It makes it all worth it, even the program practice the day before when dozens of hooligans descend upon the chapel with only a few fearless leaders to prevent the utter destruction of everything in sight...
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Primary Program
(You can see how thrilling the program practices are...)
Posted by Maren Hansen at 10:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Oooh, you took a picture in the chapel. I'm telling.
Post a Comment