Saturday, August 7, 2010

Untitled (because I'm doing this grudgingly anyway)

I cringe at the thought of doing a full update to cover the past 3 months.  So I'm not.  You just get my very favorite pictures, with possible captions.  Because I have better things to do, like watch Dirty, Rotten Scoundrels for date night.



Before the big running club race at the high school track--it was a muggy, hot day, but these girls were ready to run.


Athena Bub won, not just for the girls, but the whole thing!  Way to go girl!


Domba & her best friend ran together during all the practices and of course crossed the finish line together.


Shrimp ran the entire 1.5 miles in the blistering heat and still had a grin on her face.  Of course, Mini-Me & my baby were passed from one set of stranger's arms to another.  I felt like a bad mother afterward for not keeping track of my own kids.  It takes a village, I guess...


This here bad baby went on water restrictions since he wouldn't stay on his back and couldn't sit up unaided yet.  Waterless baths are all the rage here.
Happy Father's Day, Derek!  Would you have ever guessed you would have 5 kids if you could've looked ahead 10 years to this day???



Meanwhile, Domba decided to train the young Wudgling in the art of independent sitting.  Within about 2 weeks, he was essentially sitting on his own.  Now he is adept enough to control his fall so he can roll to things far away.  No word yet on when he plans to move from rolling to a more efficient form of transportation, such as crawling...


My little kewpie.  That tuft of hair just keeps getting longer and more fun to play with.



Derek had his 40th 35th (might as well round up, I tell him) bday, so we had yummy Pavlova w/fresh strawberries & cream.


Wudgie approved of the strawberries & earned the name "Red Death".

************
I'm totally skipping a trip to the lake-beach because there are too many good pics to choose from.  Onto July.
************

Never mind, July is even worse.  I'm done for the night.  I'll leave you with this picture of Domba "smiling" after getting fillings in her teeth.  Guess they gave her enough anesthetic...

5 comments:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Well done! I was dreading my catch up blog too- its just not fun to do! Great pictures- that baby is growing up too fast! I missed you at book club- I hope you are recovering!

Derek said...

Just remember you'll be rounding up to 40 in less than 6 months. But don't worry, as Lynn says "40 is the new 20".

You are definitely right that 10 years ago I wouldn't have expected to have 5 kids - especially since we were still getting used to parenthood with 1 kid (I still say the first one is the biggest transition). And while we did always want a big family (at least by today's standards) we've been convinced for a while after each kid that they were our last. I'll never have to worry about having a dull father's day again, that's for sure.

Maren Hansen said...

Ahem, I think you mean to say that I'll be turning 29 for the 7th time...

Trisha said...

Wow, looks like you guys had a bunch of fun this summer. I'll not say that you are missing pictures of a certain desert/mountain region. The reason being is that next year you WILL have those pictures! (so help me if I have to pull you by the toe-nails all the way!)

JandS Morgan said...

I need to do an abbreviated update like this.

Fefe was making a face similar to Domba's today. It was pretty funny.

Good job Bub! I can't believe what an athlete she is.