Friday, April 9, 2010

I thought I trained her better than this...

Around the dinner table last Sunday, I was describing an email from my mom about a Vietnam Veteran who had recently died and went unrecognized by the media.  The email contrasted that to the media's hype on Michael Jackson's demise last year.  While I was venting on how messed the values of our nation are, I happened to mention that it was ridiculous that everyone eulogized Michael Jackson when he died.  Suddenly tuning into this, Domba cried out with great distress, "Michael Jackson is DEAD??"  Derek and I laughed so hard we cried, then we had to reassure Domba that she wasn't an idiot...  :)

1 comments:

C Hall said...

Maren-This is so awesome. I can just see this going on at our dinner table. Can totally picture it. And, the poo post--right in that category as well.

I hope you guys are all better and healthy (all at once) very soon. It seems like you’ve sure had a run for your money. Take care-