One thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post as one of my favorite tasks in my job: that of embarrassing my children. Today Bub forgot her folder and book she was reading, so I dropped by the school during her morning class. I hadn't had time to exercise, so I was still disheveled from the night's sleep, and was wearing my spit-up stained clothing from yesterday. Of course, it was one of my favorite outfits (Cheetos shirt and Homer Simpson pj pants), so it wasn't all that bad. Later that day, Bub came home and told me that her friends said, "Your mom dresses weird." She told them that that was my talent. (If you haven't read Brandon Sanderson's Alcatraz series, you don't really know what talents are.) I guess that's better than her using the "but it's my talent" line when I tell her to stop being annoying to her sisters.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
It's my job, you know...
Posted by Maren Hansen at 9:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
so hot!
Sometimes I miss Bitsy terribly. She was such a good cat to me. Then I just squeeze Gwen some and think about what you guys were talking about it.
That picture is definitely a keeper. I've been making a concerted effort to wake up before the kids and get ready. Otherwise I tend to sit around all morning in my jammies.
Post a Comment