I blame it all on Phoenix, Arizona. I hate snow. My ample dislike matured into solid hate after 6 years of everlasting Michigan winters. After the paradise of Phoenix, Michigan was like Hell frozen over. (And yes, we did make it to Hell, MI before we moved).Moving to Maryland was a relief: no more of those blizzardy winters and never-ending snows. Ha! They fooled me! With 2 storms already this week, 2 feet of snow and 5-10" more coming, and ANOTHER STORM COMING ON TUESDAY, I officially declare this worse than Michigan.
As you can see, no more than 10 minutes after clearing and treating the front walk, it was already well-dusted again. Oh, my aching back.
Note the Southern Magnolia on the right side of the pic. Yes it's leaning quite precipitously. If it comes down, it'll come down on the corner of the house. It's already lost a branch w/more coming. And it's still snowing heavily.
Some people would think "beautiful" when they see this pic. I think, "endless shoveling".
Note how I carefully aligned my two cars to one side of the dead-end so the plows could put the snow somewhere other than behind my vehicles. Apparently, someone's got my number since you can clearly see where some disgruntled plowman veered left and DELIBERATELY put several feet of snow behind my van. And then plowed the other side to make sure I took his hate seriously.
At least the kids enjoyed it. Despite the fact that it came up to their hips (or higher).
In other news, I got in trouble for buying this outfit. Wondering why?
Check out the tail. Derek only relented with the trash talk after Domba prayed and thanked Heavenly Father for Little Prince's cute lion outfit with a tail.Speaking of the Fat Boy & Domba: she asked me a couple nights ago if I had to choose between me or Little Prince dying, which would I choose? I, of course, said I would rather die instead of him. She said me too, and wondered why. I told her it means she loves him more than she loves herself and that that is a good thing. She told me emphatically that she does love LP more than herself and would do anything to protect him. What a sweetie. All of the girls are still thanking God EVERY NIGHT in their prayers that "Mama could have LP come out." Talk about nurturing.
If it weren't for LP, I think we would all go crazy w/cabin fever. We've had fun styling his natural fauxhawk (aka, fuzzhawk). Don't you love how his little ears tweak out at the top??I've decided that Bumbos have revolutionized child-rearing. I think the creator should get the Nobel prize. My only concern is whether Fatty here is going to grow out of it before he can sit-up unassisted. Put on even a light outfit and we have to squeeze those thighs down to get them in. (And I don't want to hear any comments about the lilac color of his Bumbo. He's a sensitive, well-rounded young man who isn't constrained by culturally induced gender-roles...)
Derek, you will never be forgiven for being in Phoenix during this storm. Never. Weep as you drive past palm trees in the 70F weather. Because you will regret it...
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Bah! Humbug!!
Posted by Maren Hansen at 10:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'd been meaning to call you and hear how it was going. They keep talking about that storm on the radio. I personally am jealous. Our winter has been so dang mild. At least my grass looks somewhat pretty.
Don't be jealous. It's truly horrible. I can't even walk and am really afraid that tree is going to come down on us...
You are right, you guys have had it MUCH worse than our MI winter. We only shoveled our driveway once for an inch or two. So sorry! Your tree picture is stunningly beautiful, however. Just for the record, parts of AZ had the "storm of the century" with Flagstaff getting 5 ft in some parts last month. (Not Phoenix, however.) Isamu always seems to be out of town when it snows too.
Spencer just spent the last 3 hours of daylight digging our cars out of the snow. The city obviously doesn't know how to plow, or they are just lazy. We had 5-6 foot drifts piled up behind our cars. Maryland has a 60 million dollar budget for snow removal and they spent 50 million on that last December storm . . . so I think we'll be digging ourselves out of this one for a while. This is SO not the Maryland I was expecting! I never even got the boys snowsuits. We'll be in Phoenix by next year, anyway. You can come visit us anytime. :)
Post a Comment