Sunday, June 28, 2009

To McDork Tootse & Dh

When Derek and I were dating, I had the good fortune to discover that he shared the same birthday as my sister, Steph. Steph is just a year and a half younger than me, and has been almost a twin for as long as I can remember. I spent the first 2 decades of our lives making her existence miserable, as siblings often do, and the next 13 years trying to make up for it. If nothing else, this same-birthday thing should've been a sign that I was supposed to marry this Derek guy... As it turns out, that Derek guy is just as special to me as Steph, and I must admit, it's still a toss-up when I first find out I'm pregnant as to who I'll call and tell first... :) To two of my most beloved folk who put up with an awful lot of crap from me, have a wonderful birthday.
(Is this photo not perfect? Typical posture from both of them. Of course, everytime I pull this pic out, Steph tells me how fat she thinks she looks & Derek how dorky he thinks he looks... Too bad!)

4 comments:

Derek said...

Thanks for making my birthdays so memorable and keeping me humble by posting photos like that one :)

JandS Morgan said...

Mmmmmmmmm, Gone With the Wind. I think I'll make that soon.

duncandoings said...

I loved the trip to Park Plaza Maren!

Jacob J said...

Dang, think you're showing enough leg there Steph?