Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dharma is Recruiting!

This is what I got my sister for her bday. Forget the $90 ABC.com wanted--I got the jumpsuit for $7 at the local thrift store (brand new w/tags too) & ordered the patch off eBay. I tried to embroider her name & assignment (motorpool), but my machine is crappy at embroidering... Oh, well. I'm just happy it fit. For extra fun, I created the letter you see below and put it in the package...




June 28, 1977

Dear Stephanie Fae Morgan,

Welcome to the Dharma Initiative. We hope you find your experience with us gratifying and fulfilling. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you or if you have any questions at all. We are excited to incorporate your skills into our research and educational endeavors. You will receive your specific assignment tomorrow morning upon embarking onto the island.

As a reminder, there will be no venturing outside the compound boundaries. We have a “no tolerance” policy with respect to this rule and disregard will result in severe consequences.

Enclosed you will find your official Dharma Initiative jumpsuit. You will be expected to wear this jumpsuit at all times except during your leisure hours and sleeping. Please care for it appropriately. We apologize as our embroidery machine is down, but we will get your name stitched on as soon as possible. Once again, thank you for your commitment and let us know how else we can help you.

Sincerely,
Horace Goodspeed

1 comments:

Annie said...

LOL!!! Okay, okay, now that I'm not crying, that is seriously creative and awesome!