Sorry for the bad pun, but we are in a state of hyperactivity at the impending snow storm tonight. They are predicting 5-9" and the girls are almost seizing with excitement. Poor things, to grow up in Michigan and then move here... I can't say I miss it, or the accompanying gray skies, but I'm happy they can have a nice big storm to sled in. We also got a snowboard on clearance for Bub to play with, and a couple sleds. Have I mentioned how hard it is to come by a regular sled in our neck of the woods? For my part, the long-range forecast is calling for the 40's in a couple days, so I can survive a few days of snow...
I can't remember if I posted anything about the conclusion of Domba's gymnastics class. She took it with her best friend, T, and T's older sister. Unfortunately, you could never see them because they were mostly doing tumbling on the trampolines in the very back of the warehouse. Here' s little video for the grandparents.
We kept busy playing and doing homework during her class.
We've also gone swimming a couple times at the county poosl. Mini-Me is still begging daily to go to the swimming "cool", so we may have to pull out the swim diapers again soon.
I had to throw this one in--all the girls enjoy plucking Bub's harp, but Shrimp & Mini-Me actually compose songs...
We had fun at Domba's school Valentine party a couple weeks ago. The cookie decorating/inhaling was an especial hit.
And let me not forget to post a blast from the past: when Dh was much, much, much younger :), he and a friend used to buy Diet Chocolate Shasta and make themselves drink it. Must be masochists at heart. Anyway, I one-upped him and found Canfield's Chocolate FUDGE pop. He said it tasted the same and just as bad. What a weirdo!
One of our most recent expeditions was to the Maple Syrup Festival at the local Nature Center. It was lower-key than I expected, which was good... We started playing in their Discovery Room.

5 comments:
Fudge, that is gross. I've never tried the chocolate skittles, but I bet it is in the same category. Man, your pool is cool. I wish ours had that much stuff, but I guess that is what you get for living in a small town (less taxes too :)
Chocolate skittles are disgusting. I concur on your assessment.
I loved the gymnastics video. I remember going to several of S and A's gymnastics classes in Michigan.
All of your pictures make me so homesick to see you guys. Can't wait until summer! Love, Mom B
Love the pictures -- especially Mini-Me on the harp! :) I remember the Shasta phase...I was too young to think my brother was anything but cool.
Tree tapping is the coolest. I'm glad we got to experience that at Wheaton while we were there.
The gymnastics, harp, soda...you are a very diverse group! :) I still think it is the coolest that your little ones are learning to play the harp.
Post a Comment