Anyone that knows me well enough (10 minutes should qualify as "enough"), could probably guess that I am a big fan of Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre. I love quirky, and I have been a nerd on the fringe of society long enough that I fully empathize with the characters. So tonight, I did what any good parent would do: I introduced my kids to Nacho... Surprisingly, they loved it! Okay, it's not really a surprise. There's farting, silly stunts, and fat men in stretchy pants. What's not to love? A friend from Michigan perfected the "Hey, take it easy" line and I still hear his voice when I think of this movie. (That's a shout-out to you, James!) Seriously, though, we had a good movie night tonight, and that's a relief since 75% of the natives are sick (still/again), even though 25% have been on antibiotics for a week, and Daddy is out of town. Mini-Me even layed on my chest the entire 2 hours--could be she loves me, could be the 102F fever, could be both... :) Of course, she had to cover her eyes during all the fight scenes because they were "too scary", but I don't hold it against her. I mean, Jack Black bare-chested in stretchy pants is a terrifying sight... :) Anyway, thanks for a great flick, Jared & Jerusha, and PLEASE make another movie for your loyal fans!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Nacho Average Hero...
Posted by Maren Hansen at 9:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like I'm missing out on all the fun. You can add me to the list of the infected :( Do we really have enough people in our family to report statistics on - scary :)
Must be something going around the greater DC area, since I seem to be infected with a cold as well (maybe it was the masses that have invaded the last week or so)...hopefully movie night gave you a couple of hours to forget about it all.
feel better!
Post a Comment