Sunday, December 28, 2008

Is this for real?

It does come from Real Simple, one of Time, Inc's bigger selling magazines, whose name clearly states that it's "real"... It leaves me with three questions:
1. Are the 2,600 people surveyed really this shallow?
2. Does this poll adequately represent any portion of America?
3. Would a Jag or a Benz make me happier?

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

A permanently clean house would make me happy.

Maren Hansen said...

Flippantly, I agree. In real life, no way. A permanently clean house would mean no little kids around, and that would me a sad, sad little life of mine...

JandS Morgan said...

I don't think the list was all that shallow. I'd like a permanently clean house along with the pesky little munchkins. I don't think the list is realistic, but it reflects some of the longings we have.

Maren Hansen said...

Obviously, some of the things are worse than others. Still, I think this list reflects the magazine that it's published in and in a most shallow fashion--most of the longings I give credence to and would vocalize like that have nothing to do with a bigger salary or being better in bed. A better way to say that would be: "I long to manage my money better", and, "I wish my husband & I had more meaningful sex regularly"...