Sunday, August 3, 2008

Stupid Babies

Lately I've been caught calling Mini-Me a stupid baby. I know some of you may have been shocked and even revolted to hear such an un-nurturing thing come from my mouth, so let me give you a little background: (click link below)

Babies are Stupid

We went down to see my dad's work and eat lunch in their hip cafeteria. After a delicious meal, we intended to go feed the local ducks. (Or tease them in my dad's case...) But first a potty stop. As I was helping Shrimp wipe, I hear, no FEEL this terrible !thunk! through the soles of my feet. I turn around to see Mini-Me coming off the ground with a giant swollen forehead. The bump was the size of a silver dollar and already a 1/4" out from her skull. Fortunately, my dad had oil and he and Derek gave her a blessing of healing. She stayed alert and her pupils were reactive, so everything was fine, except for her souvenir she's still wearing.
This is her not 6 hours later, I kid you not. Does she not prove the onion article or what?!? This is also the same kid that will try and jump in the pool without an adult present or ready to catch her. I'm going to have a heartattack and/or a high medical bill by the time I'm 40--I can feel it as sure as I can still feel that baby head hitting the ground through my shoes...

0 comments: