Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm going the distance

On Pioneer Day (which is July 24th for all you non-Utahans), Derek and I woke up at the crack of dawn to go run 6.2 miles. In fact, we both paid money to get up early and subject ourselves to the torture of running at over 4,000 feet. Now I know that many of you, dear friends, think of 6.2 miles as an easy jog, one you may do on a day when you woke up late. But for me, it's reaching my max mileage of 8 miles. So this was an accomplishment. Fortunately for us, the course was mostly all downhill, and we'd been sitting in the car driving for the 3 days previous, so it was quite enjoyable to run. Unfortunately, the chips malfunctioned so we only got gun times. Which is really quite sad since I'm pretty sure it was about my best run EVER! The gun time I got was over 1hour and 4 minutes which put me at about a 10:21 pace. However, I am pretty sure I was at more like an early 9min pace. Supposedly, they have sent in the timing box for analysis, but I'm pretty sure it's a lost cause. And I thought I was being so smart to wait till most of the runners past me at the start! C'est ca... Anyway, here's a couple of gorgeous pics of me and my soul mate. Please try to contain your chuckles...

1 comments:

Annie said...

Horray!!!! I'm so happy! You did awesome and it sounds like you felt awesome too. I'm so glad you are enjoying running races. It's pain to push yourself to the limit but at the same time feels so good.

Guess this move quote:

"You mock my pain"

"Life is pain highness and if anyone tries to tell you differently they're selling something."

Way to go! Here's to many more races.

BTW, did you watch the women's Olympic marathon? Constantina was amazing!