Sunday, August 24, 2008

Go Wildcats!

If you haven't been around my girls in the past year, then you may not know about their High School Musical obsession... I lay full blame on my nephew, L. :) So when we found out that they had filmed most of the high school scenes at East High School in Salt Lake City, well, of course we had to take a free tour! As it turned out, it was school registration day, so it was a little crazier than we expected, but the staff was really nice and gave us a map with the important sites marked from all three movies (yes, there is another sequel coming out this fall)...

Front entry-way display boxes.

Go wildcats!

The cafeteria from the big scene in HSM I

Another view of the cafeteria

Troy's domain...

Shrimp's favorite song for a long time was the one that Gabriella sings in HSM I as she walks around the school halls and stairwells. This is the "famous" balcony from that song...

What time is it? Summertime!

The media center where Chad (Corban B) chews out Troy (Zack E)

Yes, even stairwells have meaning...

And lockers. When we were looking for Sharpay's locker, some of the lounging students waiting to register shouted, "Go Wildcats"... Was it that obvious? :)

Outside the temple of the arts, aka, the theatre

The ubiquitous stage. Apparently, this one wasn't the one used in HSM I, but will be on HSM III.


And for my final act, I will present you with a scanned copy of the map we got from the school listing "important" points to visit. I add it only so you can plan your visit and highly advise you to purchase your own (for all of $1). The proceeds help pay for busing for needy students... They also have fun t-shirts in youth sizes that benefit the PTSA... :)

3 comments:

Erin aka Conscious Shopper said...

My boys are so jealous!

Amber said...

I've never seen the movies but I would like to know what the craze is all about. Maybe I'll rent them someday. The reunion looked like tons of fun. I hope we can come to the next one. It's so fun to the your girls. Brynn has especially changed so much.

Lynn said...

I imagine the girls loved it!! Now I'm singing that "stick to the status quo" song...that's the only one I remember from the first movie and I've never seen the second - guess I have to catch up before the fall ;)