As I may have mentioned earlier, I started running again in the mornings. It's been so enjoyable to run the quiet streets and start the mornings with some Maren-time. Plus, it's fall, so the leaves are beautiful and the yards are full of squirrels & chipmunks scurrying away from me with fat cheeks. Best of all, it's finally cool enough that the mosquitoes aren't so bad, so we've even got some work done in the yard.
I've been wanting to mention a really special experience we had this past July in our Ann Arbor ward. I was subbing in one of the younger Primary classes, and we were all in singing time. Our wonderful singing-time leader, Kelly Hunter-Bryner, had made big puzzle pieces with songs on them that she put all around the room. We came to the last song, I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus, and the Spirit entered the room. The kids voices swelled on the chorus... "But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers, Love one another as Jesus loves you...", and the feeling the room intensified. By the time the 2nd verse ended, the adults were all crying, and even some of the older kids in the room had that beatific look that comes with the Holy Ghost. My respect for Kelly grew more than ever as she bore her testimony to the kids that the Spirit was present in the room and identified it for them. It was a really special experience, one I'll not forget. I'm so glad I was able to be there and feel the purity of Spirit of those little beings singing. There is nothing so refreshing as the sweetness of a child's spirit. I felt the Lord's testimony that day of His enormous love for those little ones. Bub came out of Primary triumphantly telling Derek that she had felt the Spirit! Domba chimed in with, "me too!" Thank you Kelly for giving all of our children the gift of recognition of what that experience was. I know it was an important experience for my girls.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Running and a Special Experience
Posted by Maren Hansen at 7:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment