So you think you have bad mosquitoes where you live? Think again. You don't know blood-sucking until you've met the Asian Tiger Mosquito. I've got the bites on my ankles to prove it... I guess that's the hazard of living next to the regional forested park... But ick, the only thing I hate worse than mosquitoes is scorpions! I'm one of those people that mosquitoes fly for miles to bite. "Sweet blood" they like to tell me--sweet death more likely. At the rate I'm going, I'll be like that poor person sucked dry in Gary Larson's Far Side by the end of the week. This week, I intend to eradicate all possible breeding grounds of those disease carrying pests in in our yard and SPRAY insecticide like there's no tomorrow! If you want to be grossed out, read more here:
Asian Tiger Mosquitoes
Yay, this week I get to go see my sister and her new babe, P! I'm so excited! I am going to miss my babies too... I leave Thurs night and catch a red-eye Sunday night to be back Monday morning. I'm excited to see their place--I've visited there enough now that it seems like home to me.
I found a preschool for Shrimp--it's located just a couple minutes away and has a good feel to it. It reminds me of the good preschool that Bub and Domba attended in A2. I think she'll like it. Now we just need to keep encouraging her on potty training. She's only had one accident in like 5 days. She just overestimates (like all kids and some adults too... wink, wink) her maximum holding time so that we've had some close calls!
Okay, time to hop in the shower and get some work done! TTFN
maren
Monday, September 10, 2007
The Asian Tiger Mosquito
Posted by Maren Hansen at 8:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hear you about the mosquito bites...I have so many and they are huge! I think whatever ones are too lazy to fly and get you will come to me...at least the DC area mosquitoes have two options now :)
If you hate mosquitos as much as scorpians...WOW...I've seen you crazy lady around scorpions!
Post a Comment