I've been wanting to find a nice white bean recipe for the crockpot. I adapted this one from Our Best Bites and I think it turned out pretty yummy! Especially since the missing ingredient was bacon, the food of the gods...
White Beans with Rosemary
Ingredients:
1 lb. Great Northern Beans (dry), rinsed and picked through
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 sweet yellow onion, chopped
4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
7 cups of warm water
3 Knorr's vegetarian vegetable bouillon cubes, crumbled
1 packet dried onion soup mix
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh (or dry) rosemary
2 Tbsp. butter
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
Place everything except butter in crockpot and stir to combine. Cook on low for 8-12 hours (till beans are tender), or on high 6-8 hours. When done, add butter and stir. Serve with crusty bread. (I highly recommend the olive oil rosemary rustic loaves that Costco makes.)

1 comments:
Technically it's not chili unless it contains chilis or chili powder. Looks yummy. I'm always looking for good sides.
Post a Comment