Sunday, January 20, 2013

What do you do in the wintertime, when all the world is bleh?

What do you do when the weather outside is awful (freezing cold, snow/ice, and terrible inversions), has been awful for a long time, and will continue to be awful for the foreseeable future?
 
Some of us are addicted to our iDevices.  Not that I'm innocent: I spend a lot of time on my computer.  But in my defense, most of that isn't browsing Facebook or Pinterest...  We had to have an electronics-free week last week.  Definitely had to fudge some, especially since we started the stomach flu train.  But we didn't do too bad and everyone is a little less addicted than before...
 
I tend to go a little OCD and start washing everything in sight.  I washed all the kid's bedding, including their millions of lap blankets and throw pillows.  It took me a week of running that washer & dryer every moment I was awake to do it.  Then I had to do our regular wash.  Summer is nice because there's not as much that needs washing...  Anyway, it was a play land for the kids.  And probably will be again soon since people are barfing.  Curse you, AquaScum stomach flu!!!!!!
Oooh, my favorite thing to do, bad or good weather: take a nap!  I must've slept in this day or I would've been napping too.  (Dear BYU: please excuse Derek's facial hair while on vacation.  He just looks so hawt with a goatee that I bugged him until he grew one...)
Okay, this doesn't have anything to do with this post, unless you are focused on the fire in the background.  But it was too gross to pass-up...  (It's yogurt, but the floor is in another galaxy from clean.)
Here's how we get some exercise: I go to Zumba or RIPPED at the RB, or run, while Derek, Bub & Domba run around the Smith Fieldhouse track.  The younger three play on the stairs and in the stands.  Thank goodness for that old, smelly track.  It has saved us the past two winters.  I'm too cheap to join a gym, especially when we have all this free/discounted options through BYU. 
One more: the kids call this a slide and go down it a million miles an hour.  Bad news if their foot catches on the railing poles as they whiz past...

2 comments:

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Looks like fun (not the weather but the activities)! Do you ever take regular classes from BYU since Derek teaches? If we move to Provo I might be either awful fat in the winter from sitting in my house and eating goodies or awful skinny since I exercise to stay sane and happy when it is cloudy and gross.

JandS Morgan said...

One of these days I'm going to have to do an electronics free day. I don't think we could handle a whole week...