Monday, August 27, 2012
The Rainbow Connection
In June, when Colorado was sporting terrifying wildfires, Utah was also smoking. By that, I mean there were 12+ active wildfires throughout the state. We had a dry winter, and a dry spring, and it was starting to show. I don't think I was the only one pleading for rain in nightly prayers. Finally, at the very end of the month, they predicted a measly 40% chance of rain for a 24 hour period. As I showered that morning, I felt clearly that I should kneel down with the kids in a family prayer asking for rain. I followed that feeling, and just minutes later, Bub came racing into my room and shouted that it had started raining! It was a nice gentle downfall that went on for several minutes. We were all awed by the timing and grateful for the rain. Several hours later as we were finishing dinner, we noticed that the sky had gotten very dark. Then it cracked open and it started raining so hard that the roads were flooded and you could barely hear over the thud from the rain on the porch cover. It rained like that for some time, then tapered off and turned into a gorgeous night. As the news noted the next day, that rain put out the fire that was threatening many homes in Alpine just a few miles up, as well as several of the other fires, without being so much that it would start mudslides. The storm had stretched from North to South and doused all but 3 of the fires, and seriously curbed those three. It really was a miracle, especially as the rain went out to help put out the Colorado fires. The double rainbow above was seen after the storm over our beloved Rock Canyon.
Posted by Maren Hansen at 12:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Dry, what is that word?
Seriously though, that is so awesome on the timing.
Post a Comment