Someone recently told me they admired my positive attitude. Sadly enough, I thought they were joking. Because I've always been a half-empty kind of gal. It's one of the reasons I'm grateful for Derek and his half-full outlook. Anyway, after laughing and declaring myself nothing short of a pessimist, I've decided to give optimism a try. You get to be my very first test-subjects as I look at the brighter side of moving...
1. Here's to completing projects! I may not be caught up on my scrapbooking, but I've finished two more sets of blocks, made the cute little jewel magnets as thank-yous, as well as a few other odds and ends. And I can pat myself on the back for at least starting Mini's scrapbook. Poor kid has been feeling unloved that her sisters all have albums to flip through, none of which feature her (since that's where I last left off)... :) Now I just need to find a house with a craft room for my crafty predilections...
2. Farewell parties: okay, so these are also sad, especially the goodbye part. But it's also great to have an excuse to party. Tonight we met some close friends at the back of the elementary school and ate otter pops. It was so great to be around all these people. I have truly loved the diversity of personalities that surround me, and all the unique interactions. As a side note, thank the Lord of social media and keeping in touch. I don't know how else we'd all survive this transition!
3. Okay, so I don't have an appropriate picture for this one, but I cannot wait for fry sauce, thick, creamy eggnog shakes, and BYU cinnamon bears, all delicious Utah offerings... :) I can't help it if I think with my stomach sometimes. You would too if you'd ever had a Heber eggnog shake w/extra nutmeg... :)
4. I'm too lazy to take a picture of my barren house, but I am grateful for all the purging & cleaning that we've done over the past couple of months. It's sort of like having to get the house ready for company--you need a good move to scrape the excess junk from your life & your house. We won't count all the extra kids' clothes I've been socking away from the beloved thrift stores. (Since we're supposed to be getting rid of stuff, not buying more...) Speaking of, I guess I better put this post to rest and go work on the kitchen. Gotta find some bubble wrap for Derek's Daughter's Are Special People mug...

5 comments:
J calls it realism, not pessimism.
By the way, wish I could be out there to help you.
I have to dejunk about every couple of months or my house overwhelms me. I love doing it cuz I love how clean everything seems to be after.
By the way, can't wait until you're here!
Can't believe you're moving to Provo! So fun. I've (maybe) got bad news, though. Granny's in Heber is no longer in business, which may not matter if you've been getting your eggnog shakes at the Dairy Keen down the street.
Gotta love those Silver Spring thrift stores.
Post a Comment