Monday, June 7, 2010
Why yes, I did love the Lost finale!
A close friend started ragging on the finale and I realized she had the wrong expectations. If you watched Lost for some brilliant story-telling that was about a group of people (notably Jack) and their evolving relationships, then you liked the ending. If you watched it for some fantastic 6th Sense-like twist (not to knock the 6th Sense which is also close to my heart), then you're going to be disappointed. And then there are the juvenile souls that watched it for the special effects. It goes without saying that they were disappointed... And yes, the closing scene that was the opposite of the opening was was truly inspired. Lost is a cultural phenomenon that I hope inspires many a copy-cat. May Vincent live forever!!
Posted by Maren Hansen at 5:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh my gosh...I LOVED LOVED LOVED the finally! I didn't get it at first, and I was really confused. Then I read the "Long Live Locke" brief synopsis, and it all made sense! I watched the finally a second time and it is amazing how clear everything is once you know what is happening (moving on to the afterlife). Again, it was brilliant and I loved it!
Now I want to watch the whole series again!
ew- I spelled finale way wrong.
Was I entertained by the finale? Yes. Did I love it? Absolutely not. I just felt like it was a cop-out, they had so many strange twists and turns along the way and then bam! that's the end and you're all dead. I don't get it.
Post a Comment