Sunday, February 14, 2010
That's my man
My man gave me the best Valentine ever. Better than yours, actually. I can prove it: instead of chocolates, electronics, or an expensive night on the town, he gave me a $25 gift certificate. "Aw, how sweet", you're thinking... It gets better. The gift certificate is to an organization called Kiva. Perhaps you've heard of micro-lending or micro-loans? This is one of the most successful organizations of that type. I chose to loan my measly moolah (sorry, honey, but $25 seems measly after reading so many of those bios) to Maria Lourdes Chong Perez. I chose Maria because she is a single mother (widowed) with 4 dependent children. She owns a sewing business and has already repaid her first loan that started her livelihood. I am excited to watch her progress and eventually have the opportunity to reinvest the loan after she pays it back. Now don't you think that's an awesome Valentine?
Posted by Maren Hansen at 6:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I was just thinking the other day that I should look into this. It's such a good thing all around.
Post a Comment