For a few months now, Mini-Me has been cavorting around in nothing more than a swimsuit or leotard. She took her fashion-sense to a higher level one not-so-rainy day when she went shopping in this dashing combination. I think she gets her fashion sense from her daddy... ;)
I was too lazy (read that "sleep-deprived") to actually carve pumpkins this year. We also happen to have too many little kids. Thank you Hasbro, for Mr. Potato Head pumpkin decorations! The older kids were even able to poke holes and insert body parts themselves!
In other news, Derek cut all my hair off. I was so worried I had lice, and then it turned out that I didn't. But I'm not as sorry as I thought I would be--I am SO hot all the time w/all my extra chubba, etc, that the lack of 30lbs of hair has been bliss. I just need to get to a salon and have them even out Derek's not-so-professional job...
You can sort of tell it's short in this lovely shot of me passed out while burping.
The Little Prince sure does love his nice hot bath. After the initial shock of hitting the water, he just relaxes right in and sometimes loses consciousness... My favorite is the signature "kissy lips" look he gives while he's taking a whiz. Sort of like Zoolander's "Blue Steel" look.
You can also see what a chubba this little man has become. Not sure if that's from the pure cream he's getting or the fact that he eats like a 9-month-pregnant woman...
Check the cheeks! He's now sleeping in a Tucker sling and getting Zantac for his reflux. No big surprise there--his sisters also got to deal with this hiccup. Fortunately, I still had my sling from when Mini-Me was little. Unfortunately, the Zantac really doesn't seem to be working. I have a feeling that we'll be filling a scrip for Prevacid soon. Now if we could just get rid of this hideous thrush!!!!!!
It's hard when you're a baby and your mom and dad have to torture you to keep you awake during the day. Too bad for them that you are adept at sleeping on cold kitchen floors. And bathroom tile. And even while naked on your back in the 66F house...
Swine flu, what fun we had with you! Here are the two sickies. What a blessing that they recovered so quickly. Only a week later they were back in school (and relatively lice-free also!). They sure bring home some good stuff from school.
Speaking of lice, you have to let the treatments sit on their heads for 10 minutes before rinsing it out. I dug into my shower cap collection from the Hilton/Ramada Inn/etc, and then we had to get pics...We still didn't manage to scare off our friend Doug who was in town for business. He even spent his birthday with us! We got him some Granny B wanna-be cookies for him... :)
Now that it's cooling down, we're seeing more deer again. I love the late fall when we see them at twilight so often at the dead-end in the forest. And no offense, but they don't have the ugly big donkey ears like the Mule Deer of Utah...
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Happenings
Posted by Maren Hansen at 9:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ok so many comments on this one! You were one step better than us this year with the pumpkins. We waited until the day of to get them, Jeremy was out of town is my only excuse. So of course in this small village they were sold out. So! we painted squash!
You should be Vin from Mistborn for Halloween, with your short hair and all! Love the length, couldn't see the style.
So with Emma we learned that Zantac isn't to help stop the puck, just makes them feel better while it's happening. Didn't make me feel better!
Didn't you read the box of RID? You aren't supposed to cover the hair! Nasty stuff, I'm glad it's gone!
Ah, Doug!! I'm glad to see he is still wearing Michigan gear. What can I say, if you stay there you become a fan and never stop wherever you move.
Well, I think that's it for this entry. Miss you guys!
I'm growing my hair out again, I've had enough of shortness. Was your hair long enough to donate?
I'll remember to get my fashion advice from mini-me in the future.
Post a Comment