Every year since 2003 when we bought our first digital camera, I have managed to max out my photo space for the month of July. This year is no different as I scroll through the 1299 pictures, trying to decide which ones to fiddle with, which ones to post, which ones to delete. That last one is hard for me--I am, by nature, a pack rat in the truest sense of the term. There is nothing too small or too ridiculous for me to attach sentimental interest and want to keep forever. I can only thank God that He sent me my dear friend, Amanda, as a roommate my freshman year in college. She taught me the joy of dejunking and decluttering. Still, I find myself flinching as I dispose of the artwork from my kids, even if it's ripped, recolored on by a stray three-year-old, or a little freaky looking when you get up to pee in the dark of the night...
These warring tendencies have seen to it that I purchase a 1 Terabyte external harddrive on which I now store thousands and thousands of pictures. Many which I could delete, and many which, according to Derek, I should delete. (Love ya, babe!) I can understand him not liking the funky bedhead pics, and the accidental cleavage he caught of some random woman on the beach. But what about Australia, located about 2 cm NW of my bellybutton, and grossly stretched on my preggo belly? Or my melasma moustache which has gotten progressively darker with each pregnancy?
These are things of beauty, landmarks that need documenting for future posterity! In short, I think he should be proud of the many "health" pictures I take. It sort of reminds me of the sea captain that is admiral of Lydia the Tattooed Lady's navy... (Click here for the always wonderful Muppet version.) Who else can say they have a picture of their wife's warts and eczema on their harddrive?

3 comments:
This is such a wierd post it made me laugh all the way through! Nice hair, Derek. Nice mustache, Maren. Good luck with all that picture weeding!
And I am super jealous of your NC trip. Beeee-uteeful! And how fun to see Nate and Shalissa!
No comment...
Australia, ha ha ha.
Post a Comment