You never knew that profanity can be as good as or better than Ibuprofen, huh? A new study, done in the UK, says this:
"In a nutshell, swearing has an analgesic, pain-lessening effect that could give Ibuprofen a run for its money, probably by working us into an aggressive, heightened state."
To which I reply, well duh, Ibuprofen takes 20 minutes to kick in. Shit takes about 20 microseconds...
To which Derek replied, phew, it was done in the UK so no US stimulus money was spent on that study. (I pointed out that is was probably wasted on a cause of similar value.)
Friday, August 28, 2009
Now I Can Call it Medicinal
Posted by Maren Hansen at 10:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Don't send this post to Grandma :)
OH, I'm sure Mom & Dad are dying right now (since I have it sent to them directly via email)... ;)
Hell yeah!
I can see you are as fond as the stimulus package as we are. Although I think this was a very justified research project, because you now know why swearing at the government spending makes you feel better.
Post a Comment