Thursday, March 26, 2009

Green

A few months ago while working on my genealogy, I discovered a distant Irish ancestor (a McClendan if you will). The result of that discovery has been an increased fascination with the folk of Eire, and a lack of guilt at St. Paddy's Day. I know it sounds funny, but I've often felt a fraud for how diligently I celebrate the holiday. No more that! Now I can revel in my Irish blood with the best of them, excluding the green beer and carousing till all hours of the morning... :) Hmm, I must not have any hidden German blood since I've never felt the same stirrings for Oktoberfest.We had a great time at a St. Patrick's Day parade in a neighboring city with our friends (whose grandpa was an Irish immigrant; trumps my 7th generation ancestor...).
Can you see all that spirit?
Shrimp went all out this year--even making a leprechaun hat at preschool.
I love the daddy/daughter kissies... And these aren't easy to get from a little Mini-Me who is still clung so tightly to her mama...
One last one: we went swimming at a different city pool that has a little water slide in the recreational pool area. Bub took Mini-Me down several times, but eventually she was going alone. The only little accident we had was when she once slipped climbing onto the slide and everyone just stared at her, including the life-guard. (And I was down at the bottom so I didn't dare leave in case she went down into no one's arms.) They are obviously not paying those guys enough. I'd hate to see what they'd do if someone was actually drowing--take a picture, maybe?

0 comments: