
Have you seen this flower? Actually it's not missing, it's all over everyone's yard and I just LOVE it! The problems are these:
1. It's not in my yard.
2. I have spent 2 hours (I know, what a waste) searching the internet in every conceivable way trying find it's name so I can order some seeds/bulbs, whatever they may be.
The only clues I have are that it is at the very least a spring ephemeral, if not one of those that last all season. Also, they only get to be like 4-6" tall or so. The little "bells" on them are firm and very small, the size of a dried pea. PLEASE, if you know the name, let me know! I have the perfect spot to plant some: around a little tree growing out front. I saw some in someone's yard like that and it was so gorgeous to see the dark blue against the deep brown/black of the trunk and how they scattered and petered out in the surrounding grass... :)
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Help Identify a Flower for Me!!
Posted by Maren Hansen at 8:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Hey Maren! You said your sister lives around Forest Grove? That is where we are living and where we are buying a house. What is her name?
I believe, in my very limited knowledge, that it is a variety of hyacinth...maybe grape hyacinth...if my memory serves me- TA-DA!! I just hopped on another tab and looked it up! I am right! Wow!! Enjoy them- I agree with your asessment 100%!
hallelujah!! thanks a million Andrea!!!
Thanks for the good question. My students will be answering this one as part of their search quiz on Monday :)
Can't you just knock on your neighbor's doors?
p.s. Michelle met Steph today at church!!
I think the internet is supposed to make it so we have no human interaction :) In May our fields sprout these beautiful red plants. I was pretty disappointed when I got close and realized they are more thistle like than flower.
most of my neighbors are working during the day and i've asked people before about things in their yards, and the vast majority have no clue. with such old houses, there are annuals and bulbs and bushes that have been there since time immemorial!
Where are you????????? I miss your posts!! (how annoying am I?)
Post a Comment