
Are you going on a big road trip this summer? Trying to pack 4 kids, two adults, and all their junk (necessary and unnecessary) in a mini-van for a 6-week vacation? Then look no further--I have the perfect car-bag for you. It's called the Pack-Right Car Back Carrier, a.k.a. Cargo Saddlebag. It's made by Lakeland Vacation Gear, and as far as I knew as of last summer, is the only one of it's kind. I tried to buy one of these last summer, but they kept selling out of them before I had a chance, so I had to settle for a Roof Bag. The company claimed it made a completely waterproof bag, and that may well have been true, except that by the time we were returned home, there were mysterious little rents all over that let in the rain. I got mine replaced, fortunately, but I really wanted the Saddlebag for two reasons: one, I like that you can just squeeze the clasps on the side and pull it off with easy (as well as access all the goods inside just by unzipping, no ladder needed). Second, I love the idea of better gas mileage because there isn't the drag like with a rooftop carrier. Anyway, just thought I'd do a little free advertising for Lakeland. I'll let you know how our Saddlebag performs this summer after our trip... :)
Friday, March 14, 2008
Traveling in Style
Posted by Maren Hansen at 4:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Looks like a pain to get in the back though.
that's what i love about it--there are these little plastic clasps (like the clasp that holds a fanny-pack together) that you just squeeze and the whole bag comes off so you can get in the back.
Post a Comment