Around here, if you say you are going to the Mall, you're liable to get parking directions for DC. Because the mall isn't a shopping place (unless you count the thieving vendors), it's Memorial-Central. Heck, they even have a little rock memorial showcasing the first airmail flight. They are memorial happy in the District. We decided to check it all out on one of the worst possible times of the year, the first day of the annual Cherry Blossom Festival. Yes, those famous Japanese cherry trees tend to draw a crowd, and we were a part of it. Apart from the thieving vendors and Derek's hour long "Lost In D.C." episode, we had a good time of it, playing with cousins and acting the tourist. Come visit us and we may consider taking you along (not during Cherry Blossom Festival)... Hotel Hansen is always open!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
The Mall, D.C.-Style...
They're still smiling, must be the first memorial we saw...
The US Capital.
The House that is White
Korean War Memorial-see Bub & Domba reflected?
A soldier from the Korean War Memorial. Haunting.
Cool reflection in "reflecting pool", eh?
Walking along the side of the Tidal Basin
Yes, they even have a library for tulips...
Posted by Maren Hansen at 10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I can't wait to come see all this stuff. It'll be fun to do it with you guys.
Love the cherry blossoms! How fun you get to be there and experience all that history. Of course, you may tire of it after showing everyone around for years. : )
great pictures! I was downtown walking around this morning and was amazed at how many people were there, but it looks even more crowded the day you were there. It's probably time to wait until the blossoms are gone to go again (or until the tourists leave, but I don't think I would ever be able to go if that was the case)!
hope to see you soon!
Dh ran a marathon after THIS? :) My favorite pictures are the Korean War memorial, Shrimp smiling w/the fountains, and the garbage truck photo. Very cool. I wish I could come visit.
Post a Comment