Wednesday, December 26, 2007

It's a white Christmas after all!

Nope, it's didn't snow here. Unless you call the "blizzard" that hit our living room yesterday morning till tonight, snow. Technically, it wasn't even totally white, though when wrapping paper is shredded to such fineness, it starts to take on the same sheen as snow... :) Add the glitter and bows and you have something that will give you the same effect as snow-blindness. Don your shades, please!

I blame it all on the fact that early (really early) Christmas morning I awoke running for the throne. Because I suffer from IBS, I assumed the mass quantities of wassail, key lime pie, and pizza dip I had consumed the night before were disagreeing with my dear little intestines. However, after spending the rest of the next day (which just happened to be Christmas) darting from video camera to toilet and back again, I decided it probably was a little more than the norm. After a not-super-great night of sleep (naughty little Mini-Me awoke for a midnight snack, a rare occurrence), I got up to fight the after-Christmas shopping crowds. Tummy still hadn't settled, so I kicked back my 4th Slimfast in 36 hours, and headed out to brave the world. Fortunately, the worst of it was over and I was finally able to eat a real meal tonight. Linguine alfredo, cheese bread, and delicious peas all went down well. Oh, and a generous slice of that key lime pie. Let's hope the pie wasn't the source of the trouble in the first place... :)

So that's my excuse for the virtual blizzard upstairs. It took a good two hours to clean two medium size rooms. But we got it done in time to video the kids' yearly Interviews right before bedtime. I'll post some choice bits after I purchase the FireWire cable the salesman said I didn't need for my new camcorder...

All in all, it's been a wonderfully relaxing Christmas. And let's face it, the bug that got me down, got me down. I feel so compelled to work, work, work and try to keep my plates spinning that it seems there is rarely a moment for reflection. Instead of slaving over cleaning the front room, I watched Meet the Robinsons (fabulous movie, thanks L & J!) with the kids, laughing at the funny parts and smiling at the warm-fuzzies. Oh, and I got this brilliant 3-hour nap, thanks to Dh. (Isn't it cool that Derek's intials are the same as the classic "DH" acronym?)

Sooooo, merry Christmas, and I wish you all no up-chucks or down-chucks this wonderful season!
Maren

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I LOVE Meet the Robinsons!! It was one of the best movies I've seen in the last year (but I really didn't see many).

JandS Morgan said...

I cleaned up the wrapping paper quickly, but I held myself back from cleaning the toys till night. I was very proud of myself. We had a white christmas, but it didn't last.

Michelle said...

Hey, I got the Christmas Eve stomach bug, too, and we don't even live in the same state. So nice to get your Christmas letter and read your blog, too. Gotta love the internet!

Adia said...

santa brought us awesome presents.