Yes, it's true, if you read Derek's blog, I had a dream (nightmare) about marrying Donald Trump. I even kissed him--EWWW! I told Derek that, hey, if I'm going to marry a celebrity in my dreams, why wasn't it someone like Christian Bale or Edward (you know who I mean, Trish!)???? Of course, I dreamed last night that Fox was canceling "House" and "24", and that ABC had also canceled Lost! That was even worse than marrying Trump, believe it or not! :)
Okay, drumroll please... I have a calling! To all those that predicted I would end up in YW (my least fave calling as of now), you were WRONG! Yes, folks, the RS has need of me as the Enrichment leader. Okay, so it is a really intimidating calling, but at least it's not the YW. I know my day will come, and I'll probably end up loving it, but I'm content to put it off as long as I can! I'm still not sure how much is going to be required of me, nor how well it's all going to pan out since I'm still getting used to the less homogenous ward. Any advice will be greatly appreciated of course! For those that didn't know, Derek is a ward missionary.
OKay, enough for now, I need to make some dinner and work on Bub's birthday party in a couple weeks!
maren
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Donald Trump
Posted by Maren Hansen at 4:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I've never been in Enrichment (but I know you'll do AMAZING!), so no help...but I was called as the email list moderator! I was very happy about that, especially when they prefaced it with, "Normally we have to think hard about callings, but this one just came to us so quickly." At that point in the conversation, I was a little worried about what I would be doing and relief hit once they told me! :)
When will Adia's party be? I'd love to help out if I can...
HFPEL is a fun calling. I have had it before. The hardest part is making EVERYONE happy. So your first order of business is to NOT think that way. Do waht needs to be done, follow what the RS Pres. wants and then if some people aren't happy then don't worry about it. YOu cannot make all happy at one time. I am Activites Chairman right now. That is definatly something I had to learn. There are just people ou cannot please.
Also, can you believe Adia is turing 8!!!!!!!!!!!! Our babies are sassy little girls now, or I guess they would be considered tweenies now. Oh my!!!!!
Take care. Love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment